Wanna play a game?

Remember that time last week was midterm week?  Sigh.  It wasn't very stressful as far as schoolwork and tests go... since I had none to speak of... BUT it was stressful because reality began to set in.  HALF OF MY LAST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE IS OVER!  Yeah.  I'm not being over-dramatic either, if that's what you're thinking.  This is... I don't even know what this is.  It's terrifying for one thing.  I do know that.

So, tonight, I decided to poll a bunch of my friends.  I asked, "What should Ashley do with her life?"

Here are some suggestions I received:

  • Be a hustler (I'm a hustla, I'ma I'ma hustla, homie. If you aks, if ya if ya aks about me, I'm a hustla.)
  • Become a professional pool player (I'm game.)
  • Be a trophy wife
  • Become a millionaire (Yes, please.  Gotta say this one is lookin' good.  Have I ever told y'all I want a red Hummer if I ever get rich??)
  • Beer Wench (...great option, don'tcha think?  Can't let this college education go to waste!) 
  • Live in Henderson and work at the Snook House (Snookum's is the best restaurant in Henderson... I really don't think they'd hire me though since I don't have any long jean skirts... and I cut my hair from time to time.)
  • Move to Huntsville and be a counselor at Emily's sister's school
  • Move to Huntsville  (so far this option has the most votes.)
  • Move to Memphis and live at the MSOP house ...and not marry a creeper.  (I think I would have a one in a million chance of finding a non-creeper there.)
  • Be a nun.  (Thanks, Benton.)
  • Just graduate. (Gotta love those short-term goals)
  • Move to Nashville.
  • Janitor.  Be a janitor.  (Thank you, precious roommate.)
  • A professional color-er.  (This might be my favorite one so far.)
  • Live happily ever after.  (Duh, I will.)
Now it's time for YOU to play!!  What should I do with my life??  What a fun time game.  Ready?  Set! Go comment!

6 comments:

emuhleeeh October 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

I have another one---on top of my other three =)

Add a minor and go on Literary London and Paris with me in May. It'd be fun times.

And what good are student loans unless you go somewhere fun!?!

Okthatsall

holly wynne October 19, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

Well, you know which one I agree with. Seriously--if you want to come look for jobs here, I've got a couch in an overpriced, miniscule apartment with your name on it. You could even stay a few weeks to see if you liked it.

And eventually, I'm all about splitting rent :).

P.S. I was there, too. I extended my decision time with grad school, which didn't work, then took the first job that came after I got my M.A. Not the best decision, but not the worst. Sometimes you just have to grab what comes your way and then take your time looking later.

Michael Y October 19, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

After much consideration, here are a few options:

1. Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.
2. Go to a big city and be a human statue.
3. Work at Petsmart.

Anonymous October 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

be a colorer! you SO COULD.

Alex October 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I really like the trophy wife idea. Cause it opens you up for so many more opportunites... you could be a trophy wife, a hustler (a diva is the female version of a hustla, of a of a hustla), colorer, beer wench, and live in Huntsville all at the same time!

Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

I definitely think with your amazing art and kid skills, you should work all over the world...and by all over the world, I mean work at Epcot helping kids make their little fun time crafts!

Post a Comment

About this blog

I'm Ashley-- a laugher, day dreamer, art lover, and fun go-getter. These are my thoughts.

Followers

Search

About

Search