The Creepy Townie Caper

Lately I've been visiting the my life is average website a lot.  This provides hours of amusement.  Some stories on there are hilarious to a dork like me.   Here is one of my favorites from today:

Today I was babysitting my neighbor's little boy. I asked him what sound a cat makes. He said meow. I asked what sound a cow makes. He said moo. Then, to fool him, I asked what sound a walrus makes. He replied with Ku Ku Kachoo. Coolest kid ever. MLIA

I can only hope I will have cool kids like that one day.  You know my children will recognize what great music is.  Except I'm not sure "I Am the Walrus" is GREAT... but The Beatles are.  Okay.  Confession time-- I know every single word to this song.  And that's what makes the "ku ku kachoo" reference so amazing in my life.


Great news, guys!  It's October 2nd. [ok, so it WAS October 2nd the day I started writing this blog]  Which equals day 2 of the BBQ Festival in Henderson.  This is big time, folks.  Big.  Time.  So big, in fact, that they closed down Main Street this year and set up the tents right smack in the middle of the road.  What kinds of tents you ask?  Oh you know... tents with fun time shooting games, airbrush shirts (I may have a new obsession.  Had to stop myself from purchasing one.), toys & glowsticks, clothes, purses, crafty crafts, a dunking booth, and a few other things.  So, yeah that's what's on the street.  What is on the grass by the court house you ask?  Oh you know... more tents, giant inflatable little kid jumpy slidey things, AND the glorious stage which provides this town allll weekend with soulful sounds of tone-deaf country singers who call Henderson home.  


My dorm, the glorious Hall-Roland Hall, is strategically placed about 6 feet away from the BBQ F.  My 9:00 class was cancelled yesterday.  Good news... right?  I decided to sleep in and skip chapel.  I finally woke up at 11.  And what did I wake up to?  The musical stylings of the festival.  I laughed.  Out loud.  My roommate, who is a freshman and has never met the Chester County BBQ Festival, looked at me strangely.  I said, "Meet the BBQ Festival.  Welcome to the next 3 days of your life."


So yeah.  There are tents, there are inflatables, there is music... but that's not all.  There are funnel cakes, there are fried oreos... there is heaven on earth.  Emily and I shared a funnel cake Thursday night.  Was it glorious?  Yes.  We bought the fried dough covered in powdery goodness and sat down on a concrete slab by the sidewalk on the corner of the street.  This is where the real adventure began.  This is probably going to be one of those "you had to be there" kind of stories, but bear with me.


When we sit down... we spot this half eaten corndog on the ground.  It's gross and right in the middle of the sidewalk.  And then the watch-all-the-crazy-townies game commences.  We're eating and watching and laughing and eating and watching and laughing... when all of a sudden creeper townie of the year walks by.  Emily and I look at each other and look back at him at the exact moment he TRIPS over previously mentioned corndog.  So he didn't fall on the ground but it was a close one.  He looks down at the disgusting, unidentifiable smush on the ground, looks at us, and we immediately look away at the ground trying to contain the laughter within.  He walks away... and we erupt with laughter.  The kind of laughter that is inaudible for the first 20 seconds.  You know, when you're laughing SO hard no sound is coming out.  It was an insanely funny moment.  You should have been there.  While we finished our funnel cake, we were obsessed with staring at people's feet as they walked by... to see who else would step in the smush.  Fun times.  It was gross.  And funny.


Yay for the BBQ Festival and it's ministry of fattening food, creepy people, and all things hilarious.


4 comments:

emuhleeeh October 4, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I am so glad this happened. 1: I am so glad we got to people watch. 2: I'm glad said people-watching resulted in creepo-townie man annihilating the corndog. GREATness. =)

Anonymous October 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

hahahahaha i SO wish i could have been there. seriously. i would have peed on myself. oops.

Anonymous October 14, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

also...i WISH you would have purchased a "BBQ Festival" t shirt. you know i would judge you with love.

Anonymous October 14, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

...airbrushed.


ok im done.

Post a Comment

About this blog

I'm Ashley-- a laugher, day dreamer, art lover, and fun go-getter. These are my thoughts.

Followers

Search

About

Search